Ads

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

<-- THE NEW FRONTIER -->

THE NEW FRONTIER

It was 12 years ago that i watched my first Manchester United match. Little did i know back then that it would become such a big part of my life one day. What I saw was poetry in motion. For a 9-10 year old lad, it looked like some kind of magic. It was like a symphony was going on and it was being orchestrated by one man- SIR ALEX FERGUSON. In my 1st match I saw Scholes pick the ball in the centre of the pitch, spray across to Becks. You lot know the drill, don’t you? Becks as always got the ball past his man and into the box. Then there was Van the man. There’s only one winner in such a situation. I should say, I was lucky that my big brother made me watch this (back then, my folks wouldn’t allow me to watch TV as much as I’d have liked to. My bro and I secretly watched it at times though. ) anyway, THAT was enough for me to fall in love with the greatest club in the world.
Then, things didn’t go well and My hero- David Beckham left. I was heart broken to be honest. He was the reason i started watching or playing football in the first place. Anyway in the seasons that followed, we signed a not-so-popular but flashy lad called Cristiano and then a true Everton lad- Wayne Rooney. I didn’t watch much football back then, so i didn’t know anything about these two at that time. I couldn’t have been more bothered anyway as we still had Ruud.
As the years passed i started watching videos, documentaries and what not on United (thanks to my brother and my cousins. I noticed one thing.
It always looked like “One for all, all for one. ” there was a real sense of “family” and “togetherness” on and off the pitch. Viera messed with Gaz- Keano took care of the c*nt.
Also, There was always a man in the team around whom the rest of the team was built. I never got to watch King Eric or Captain Marvel, but have done enough homework to say that they were extremely important cogs in our wheel. Then it was Ruud.
Then with changing times, Sir Alex started rebuilding-ONCE AGAIN! He stared to build a team around Ronnie and Wazza. A fast counter-attacking approach. This didn’t go down too well with Ruud as he was a kind of player who liked to hold play up and bring others into play too. Sure, boss, as always was not hesitant and Ruud wanted to leave, he let him go.
It was a little difficult every time there was rebuilding at United, but our Sir Alex was a man with a plan. It always paid off in the end. We went on to win The PL and even the famous UCL by beating Chelsea. And after reaching another final and losing to Barça, we saw Ronnie leave too. Joined us a lad, left us as a man! Then once again the papers started printing shit. “United on the slide as Cristiano Departs.” No. They were wrong. Yet again. It has become a routine for them to write us off every time there was a change and it had become a routine for Sir Alex to prove them wrong. Then came the blue nose c*nts. They won the PL on goal difference on the last day of PL and yet again papers started running stories that there’s no coming back for United. Really? Do you fail to notice that we lost on goal difference with a squad that was in transition and was plagued with injuries? Anyway, fast forward one more year and who’s laughing now? Sir Alex’s United ran away with the title. Rubbed Citeh’s blue noses in the mud.
The man is a genius. Started off slowly, Killed the so called Invincibles, withstood and saw off the Russian Revolution, Knocked Pool off their fucking Perch and brought the blue moon down.
It was painful to hear the news of his retirement but hey! Life must go on! This is a new frontier. A new challenge. If he thinks Moyes is the right man for the job, then he sure as hell is. He gave us 26 yrs of his life. He couldn’t possibly do anything but the right thing for us. I have never met him and most probably never will, but Thank you, Sir Alex for being such a big part of my life.

Now, i cannot wait to see how this new chapter goes for Us under David Moyes. One Glaswegian departed, another Glaswegian took charge.
Over to you boss! Cast your own image, and All the best! Your Red Army is with you!